Monday, 15 April 2013

Review: Garnier Anti Dark Circle Tinted Eye Roll-On

                        Hey everyone! I'm reviewing my HG everyday concealer today so stay tuned!

GARNIER ANTI DARK CIRCLE TINTED EYE ROLL ON:


                                          


WHAT IT CLAIMS: 
Taken from www.garnier.in:
Dark circles not only make you look tired but also darken your eye contour. Garnier introduces Light Anti Dark Circles 2-in-1 Tinted Eye Roll-on, the 1st refreshing roll-on with dual anti dark circles action

    Instant covering action: Concentrated in mineral pigments, it covers dark circles in a flash. Giving you soft, natural looking finish for long lasting wear.
    Anti dark circle hydrating care: Enriched with caffeine and pure lemon essence, known for its brightening properties, it combines a hydrating formula and the draining effect of a massage to effectively reduce dark circles and reveal a radiant and fresh look.
    Available for 2 skin tones 
    1. Fair 
    2. Medium
Proven efficacy:
- Dark circles are perfectly covered and appear reduced
- Eye contour is refreshed and brighter
How to use: Apply Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roll On to the eye contour area in light circular massaging movements. The liquid will be applied automatically via the roller ball. If necessary, use your finger tips to spread evenly.
Recommended usage: Twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.


PRICE: INR199/-

QUANTITY: 15ML





MY EXPERIENCE:
              Is it just me or is it that im unlucky when it comes to packaging? over time, the product turned out to look like this.

                                       
                                              EWWWW! =/



            *SIGH!* Anyway, Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roll-On comes in a sleek pen like packaging. There are 4-5 shades but India hoards 2 shades i.e fair and medium. I have seen some shops stock dark too! Although i have used this product religiously for a year and a half ( under my eye AND my PIMPLES ), it is still not over! No matter how much concealer I've used for the entire face, I'm still stuck with it. Yes, i use it on my pimples, you read it right. It does a fairly good job in decreasing my pimple's redness! This product as a thin consistency which i like as its easy to blend and gets absorbed fast. It took a good amount of time for me to learn how to use it properly!
              I purchased the shade fair and it has strong yellow undertones. Medium claims to have pink undertones to it. This product spreads easily and hence you don't require a whole lot of product. Yellow is said to correct dark circles and this does a great job! It doesn't completely camouflage my dark circles but it does reduce my dark circles and make my eyes look more awake! It gives a cooling sensation to my eyes. Even after using it every single day, I've noticed no cooling sensation! This concealer dries to a matte finish and sadly emphasizes fine lines! Girls with dry under eye area would hence not like it! I've worn this in the horrible humid and sweaty climate and it lasted for a long long time! I got 7 hours of wear with slight fading through the day because of oily under eye area and a not so great setting powder! It photographs well and makes me look awake. The roller is a nice massager but too bad a lot of product comes out =/. Below are the swatches:


                       

                Yes i know it looks very yellowish! When set with powder, it becomes okay BUT one question arises and that is, if this is fair then how would medium and dark be? I have seen the swatches of medium and there is just a slight difference! By the swatch, you can see i have horrible dark circles. It looks less horrid cause of lighting! I just dot them in a triangular shape and blend with my fingers. You can see how it spreads and gives me medium matte coverage. The last swatch shows how it emphasizes fine lines (i did not moisturise my undereye) ! It is NOT buildable and hence i would advice you not to use too much of the product! 



THE YAY'S:
- Long lasting ( 7 hours+ with slight fading )
- Matte finish ( for oilies )
- Cooling sensation
- Makes eyes look visibly awake 
- Yellow undertone eliminates dark circles
- Absorbs fast 
- Easy to use and blend
- Travel friendly
- Takes a long long time to finish
- Very affordable


THE NAY'S:
- Limited shades, fair and medium
- Packaging becomes messy after usage
- Not buildable
- Emphasizes fine lines ( if under eye is not moisturised and powdered )
- Does not cure dark circles
- NO SPF!


Recommended? Yes, if you are searching for an everyday concealer, this is perfect for you! Dry under eye eyes should be well moisturized before application! 


Repurchase? Yes for daily wear. Got another as a back up and the first one is still not over! 

Rating: 3.5/5 ( -1.5 for limited shades, messy packaging, emphasizing fine lines if under eye is not moisturized and powdered )

No comments:

Post a Comment

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx