Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Budget Buy: Lakme Rose Powder Review!

                   Hey everyone! I'm back again after some internet problems! Today I'm reviewing a very budget-friendly loose powder buy an Indian brand, Lakme.



LAKME ROSE POWDER:









WHAT IT CLAIMS:

1.Foundation make-up in a powder format- gives a flawless radiant look.2.Contains rose fragrance to keep you fresh, contains sunscreen to protect from harmful UV rays.3.Gives a flawless radiant look.

QUANTITY:

40 g

PRICE:

INR 95/-

INGREDIENTS:

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminium hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Rosa Damascena Extract. May contain CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 12085, CI 77891, Phenoxy Ethanol, Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.

SHADES:
Soft Pink for light skin
Warm Pink for wheatish to dusky skin
( I have both )



MY EXPERIENCE:

                I always saw this maroon container in local shops but never really paid attention to it. It was one fine day when I saw my friend putting this powder ( I always adored her skin! ). I was a beginner then and this was one of my first purchases! 





                    As you can see, The packaging is not very attractive.There is a puff provided with the loose powder which i threw away cause it tore after a week! The packaging is not at all travel friendly as it gets very very messy! There are five holes punched on the transparent lid which allow adequate amount of powder to come out ( after tapping ). The transparent lid is not secured well. It can be taken off and this is where the biggest flaw lies! Just yesterday when I decided to use this, the cover was not opening. When it did open, the cover along with the transparent lid came out! Thank goodness the cover was upside down! The contents got transferred to the cover! It was a horrible messy morning! Anyways, enough of the packaging! 






                    Yes, the quantity is huge! It will not finish even after a year of daily usage! Soft pink seems empty because half of the contents had got wasted because of the careless packaging. As seen above, soft pink has strong pink undertones while warm pink is more on the yellow side. The powder smells of roses but it isn't an overpowering smell. It's more of a refreshing one! The powder is well milled, matte, soft and silky to touch. It blends in a jiffy! To use this product, I pat the container with my finger and take out the amount necessary. Next, I take my powder brush, swirl it, tap off the excess and apply it on my face. This powder is so wearable during the day and blends beautifully and adapts well to my skin! It even gives a beautiful and healthy glow after application! It has sunscreen ( titanium dioxide )! Soft Pink tends to make the face very pinkish. In order to utilize it, I use warm pink all over my face and soft pink over my pink blushes! The effect is beautiful! See the hand swatch below.






                    This powder did not make my skin feel dry or oily. It seemed to make my skin feel fresh which I loved! It would surely suit all skin types. Dry skinned girls can use it over their moisturiser! It lasts 2 hours during the summer on my super oily skin! It would definitely last longer on other skin types! Yesterday when the weather seemed pleasant, it lasted for 4 hours without any touch ups! During the winter I seem to always look out for this powder as it does not dry or make my skin oily. The powder did not irritate my skin or break me out! This powder has light coverage and does not camouflage major blemishes. It minimizes the size of pores but not to a large extent! For girls who have minor blemishes, a BB cream topped with this loose powder would give good results! 


THE YAY'S:
- Affordable
- Well milled
- Blends well
- Fragrance is not over-powering
- For the price, performs decently. Stays on oily skin for 2-3 hours, gives a healthy look.
- Soft and silky to touch
- Would suit all skin types
- Minimizes pores to a certain extent
- Easily available
- Has sunscreen ( Titanium Dioxide )
- Does not irritate or break out my skin
- Photographs well
- Gives even better results during the winter!


THE NAY'S:
- Shades are very limited! Soft pink and warm pink will be a bit too light for dusky beauties!
- Contains parabens
- Light coverage. Will not cover imperfections
- It does not last the whole day
- The puff provided is off very cheap quality
- Not travel friendly

SUMMING IT UP:
                    
All though Lakme Rose Powder comes in a not so good packaging, it is one of the best budget buys! At the cost of INR 95/-, you can get a non-oily, fresh, matte and beautiful glow for 2 hours or maybe more (depends on the weather) . This powder would suit all skin types and does not irritate the skin. Overall a great buy for students who are always searching for products on a budget!


Recommend? Yes. I think beginners and students will really like it!

Repurchase? No. I got so much left! Plus, I've found my favourites!
Rating:4/5 ( -0.5 for the careless packaging and cheap puff and -0.5 for shades ).


Thanks for stopping by! Much Love! <3 Stay tuned! 


7 comments:

  1. nt so good fr my skin tone..
    Cn u suggest a powder preferrably compact,coz they are less messy which has apt yellow tones fr dusky complexion...i dont want to look like a ghost!!
    Well im really sorry to bombard u wid questions today,coz in d coming days i hve to buy my makeup and beauty supplies nd im sort of on a tight budget so cant afford trials...
    Hope u dont mind..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely don't mind! Are you by any chance celebrating durga puja? :D.

    Getting back, you can try colorbar compacts as they have good shade selection and good results. You can try the triple act compact which I hear is very good. You can even try rimmel stay matte powder which I like or or revlon touch and glow pressed powder which is said to provide coverage plus oil control. Maybelline dream matte compact or Chambor silver shadow compact is said to be good but on the pricier side. Do not forget to test the products first! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely don't mind! Are you by any chance celebrating durga puja? :D.

    Getting back, you can try colorbar compacts as they have good shade selection and good results. You can try the triple act compact which I hear is very good. You can even try rimmel stay matte powder which I like or or revlon touch and glow pressed powder which is said to provide coverage plus oil control. Maybelline dream matte compact or Chambor silver shadow compact is said to be good but on the pricier side. Do not forget to test the products first! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely don't mind! Are you by any chance celebrating durga puja? :D.

    Getting back, you can try colorbar compacts as they have good shade selection and good results. You can try the triple act compact which I hear is very good. You can even try rimmel stay matte powder which I like or or revlon touch and glow pressed powder which is said to provide coverage plus oil control. Maybelline dream matte compact or Chambor silver shadow compact is said to be good but on the pricier side. Do not forget to test the products first! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks....nd ummm..no im nt celebrating durga puja..
      Im done with my engineering nd im ready for some retail therapy!!

      Delete
  5. I purchased Chambor Products online from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/brands/chambor/

    ReplyDelete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx