Sunday, 19 May 2013

Review: Colorbar Emphaseyes Eye Blending Brush!

                      Hey guys! Previously I have reviewed the Colorbar Foundation Brush and today I am reviewing the Colorbar Emphaseyes Eye Blending Brush. I had expected a lot from this brush. Read below to see how it scores!

COLORBAR EMPHASEYES EYE BLENDING BRUSH:






WHAT IT CLAIMS:




MY EXPERIENCE:

The packaging is same like the foundation brush. It has a handle of good size.  It is a bit broad for an eye blending brush ( the shape of an almond like its mentioned ). It is dense and it tapered at the end. I had expected a smaller brush since my eyes are hooded but this size would be alright for others. I can't be selfish now can I? :P. It has synthetic bristles.





 I find this useful for applying my base eyeshadow all over my lid before starting my eye makeup. It picks up a fair amount of product. I even set my concealer with this brush. I do not pat eyeshadow on my lid with this cause of my tiny lid. Since I always create a fake crease, I have to ensure flawless blending. This brush blends my eye makeup decently but not to the extent of what i would call flawless! I think the shape of the brush has gone wrong. It should have been shaped circular with tapered endings. It would have definitely been much better in its application! 


The bristles do not get stained by eye shadows. It is easy to wash and dries quickly. No shedding. I have tried using this brush to apply cream shadows and concealer and I have got very streaky application! Its okay cause it doesn't claim to multi-task! 


THE YAY'S:

- Affordable

- Easily available
- Good handle size
- Sturdy packaging
- Applies base eyeshadow fast and well
- Helpful in powdering my under-eye area to set concealer
- Does not stain
- Dries quickly
- Easy to wash
- Blends fairly well
- Picks up fair amount of product



THE NAY'S:

- Does not give flawless blending
- The size of the brush is not suitable for those with hooded eyes
- Cannot multi-task ( doesn't claim but still! )



SUMMING IT UP:
After the not-so-good results from the foundation brush, this eye blending brush seems like a better product! It is broad, almond-shaped and tapered at the ends. This brush is not an ideal eye blending brush but it is ideal for applying bases shadows and setting your concealer! Overall, I am not happy with this brush. I feel like there are much better blending brushes in the market at a better or same price tag. It claimed to give airbrushed finish but it just did not click for me! 


Recommend? Yes. For those who want a brush to apply base eye shadows or set their concealers. Even for those with bigger lid spaces! 


Repurchase? No. This will last me a long time since I only use it for applying bases and setting concealer!


Rating: 4/5 ( -0.5 for the claim of giving an airbrushed result. -0.5 for the size which is not suitable to all! ) 


   Do you own any budget friendly brushes that you love? Please Share below!



Thanks for stopping by! Much Love! <3


2 comments:

  1. My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog.
    He was once totally right. This submit actually made my day.
    You can not believe simply how so much time I had spent for this info!
    Thanks!

    Also visit my homepage ... basyx vl531 high back chair

    ReplyDelete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx