Saturday, 22 June 2013

Best Budget Buy Matte Lippies- 8 Colorbar Velvet Mattes Review & Swatches!

               Hello all! Today, I will be reviewing my favourite lippies of all times! I LOVE matte lippies. When there were such a buzz about this matte lippies at such an affordable rate, there was no reason for me NOT to buy it! =P. For all lippie lovers, this has got to be a " MUST HAVE " in your vanity. I thought I'd buy one and be happy but I just couldn't resist buying more! What makes it the best budget buy matte lippie? Read On!




COLORBAR VELVET MATTE LIPSTICK:

            For a rich lip colour with a creamy shine, the Velvet Matte Lipstick, available in stunning shades infuse the lips with vibrancy. Its unique 2-in-1 formulation gives the lips a creamy, yet matte finish. A one of a kind product in India, it has super softening agents that give the lips a soft and supple appearance while keep them nourished with Vitamin E. Staying on up to 5 hours on application, the Velvet Matte Lipstick can be further accentuated with lip gloss and lip liner.

SHADES: 47 ! =O

QUANTITY: 4.2 g

PRICE: Now INR 275/-

You can check details and shades HERE.


MY EXPERIENCE:

The Lippies come in a steel like packaging with a transparent cover. The base of the packaging denotes the lippie colour. This packaging is quite convenient if you have many velvet mattes to store. The cover does not come off while travelling. It is travel friendly.

Although I love matte lippies, it intimidates me a bit. Why? I have very dry lips! Eeekkss! These lipstick's made me fall in love with matte lippies! If you have dry and scaly lips like mine, you might want to exfoliate and apply vaseline before using these lippies cause it tugs on dry lips! Having dry lips, I cannot skip exfoliating and applying lipbalm. It makes a major difference to my lips and for application of lippies! 

After prepping, this lippie just glides on so creamy and smooth. It is very pigmented. One swipe gives a rich wash of colour. Two or more swipes will definitely hide heavy pigmentation of lips. I have tried this without a lip liner and with a lip liner. This lipstick once it sets, it sets matte but not the type of matte that dries your lips out or emphasizes your fine lines! It did not bleed. Oh yes! It transfers! So you might want to think when to wear em! ;]

Without a lip liner, the colour is still very intense. It lasts for 4 hours with slight fading. Without a lipliner, after some snacking, it leaves a strong tint behind which lasts for a long long time.

WITH lipliner, I don't think any lipstick can beat the staying power of this one! It stays for 6 hours+ with the same intensity. I use Miss Claire lip pencils which I love, with these lippies and it stays on forever! It is very very staining so you HAVE to use a makeup remover to remove it or the tint stays on! These lippies will last the whole day or night too I believe because if it stayed for 6 hours with snacking and lunch in between, it can definitely stay for few hours more! 

Many people have asked me, " How come your lipstick doesn't come out when you eat your lunch? ". =D

The claims of these lippies are absolutely true and much better infact! I LOVE THEM!




SWATCHES OF COLORBAR VELVET MATTES:



















All the shades that I have are my lovies! I want to collect more but there seems to be a lot of brownish shades! I am not very fond of browns! By the end of the swatches, my lips have got stained! Looks nice though =P. Oh and I wear them almost everyday and they never finish! =O


THE YAY'S:

- AFFORDABLE!
- Easily available
- Soooo long lasting
- Very good staying power
- Rich pigmentation
- 47 shades
- Smooth and creamy
- Does not dry the lips out
- Hides pigmentation


THE NAY'S:

- So many aunty shades! =[
- Prep is needed for good results



RECOMMEND? What recommend? GET IT BLINDLY! =P


REPURCHASE? Forever and Ever!'


RATING: 5/5 <3 ! BUT COLORBAR! More pretty and young shades please! O=)


Did you try these beauties? If not, SNAP ITTT! Some shades are always out of stock! 


Thanks for stopping by! Much Love! <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx