Hello everyone! Just like any other blogger, I would like to cover the basics of makeup. I have oily skin with a lot of blemishes, blackheads, large pores, uneven skin tone and pimples. After tons of trial, this is what I figured out worked for me and some tips along side too!
TIPS & MYTHS :
1. DO NOT by any means pinch or try to burst your pimple! It will lead to scarring and more pimples! When I use to have pimples, I ALWAYS use to burst them or peel the skin and my face had gone to the gutters! Now that I do not do that, I have noticed A LOT of improvements!
2. DO NOT wash your face every time it gets oily, thinking clean skin is good skin! It's a myth! I use to wash my face every time using a very harsh cleanser and my skin became so dry and yes, pimples were just not stopping!
3. It is a myth that moisturizers are ONLY for dry skin! Oily skin does also need a moisturizer but an oil-free and non-comedogenic one! It makes a whole lot of difference!
4. Who needs sunscreen? Pffft! YOU! Yes YOU! Sun damage lead's to a lot of problems like ageing, pigmentation, uneven skin tone, etc. Go for gel like formula's or non sticky if you have oily skin. If you still don't want to put on sunscreen specially on your face, use makeup products like bb cream or compact powders that contain SPF!
5. Oily and Acne Skin should COMPLETELY avoid makeup. Partly right. BUT not completely! If you are going somewhere like a grocery store or a walk down, avoid makeup! If your profession requires you or if you LOVE makeup like me, get oil-free, non-clogging makeup!
6. Use face wash that contains or has salicyclic acid, benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil, neem, etc. It helps to heal pimples while cleansing the skin.
7. Try to avoid toners with alcohol content. They strip oils from your face!
8. Scrub your skin not more than twice or thrice a week. Exfoliating everyday will lead to more acne! Yes I use to! -.-'
9. Use face masks. Mud packs, herbal ones, home made ones are all good!
10. Avoid touching your face and make sure you tie your hair specially during summer! The natural oils from your hair will add oil to the face! Touching your face will transfer unwanted dirt and bacteria!
11. Avoid applying foundation with dirty fingers! Avoid dipping your fingers in makeup tubs with unwashed hands! Do not share makeup! Unless you have pump dispenser foundations and all that jazz!
12. Change your pillow cover often. Most of us sleep in cotton pillow cases which trap oils and dirt from our face!
13. Drink lots of water and eat healthy ( A point I dislike a lot since I'm a junk food freak ).
14. Having oily face doesn't mean you can't massage oil on your face! Most of us think it's gonna lead to worse! But it actually cuts down excess oil! I don't do it because coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil are suppose to be good for hair growth! So.....hmmmm!
15. Just because your face is oily, that doesn't mean your body is too! I have very oily skin but VERY dry skin on my body! So I make sure to moisturize both face and body :)
16. DO NOT opt for full coverage everyday if you have oily and acne prone skin. Let your skin show through. Use a light coverage foundation or better use a bb cream with concealer and compact and you're good to go! Your face will feel lighter! :)
17. DO NOT reapply loose powder on oily skin! My Gosh! ASK ME! It becomes very chalky and makes skin look horrible! Also, you would not want to use your clean puff or brush on that polluted skin! :O
18. For open pores, rub ice cubes. It will shrinken the pores. It is only temporary and hence you can do this before makeup application!
19. Warm water is good for oily skin. It is NOT. Warm water opens up pores and strips oil from the face. However, when warm and cold water both together are used to rinse the face alternatively, it is good!
20. Acne is NOT something that comes and goes by itself! If you see that your are battling acne for too long, visit a dermatologist!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope these tips have helped you guys!
Do you have any tips that you would like to share?
Much Love! <3