Saturday, 13 July 2013

Review: Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Oil-Free Moisturizer

              Hey guys! Before I start, when I was a newbie, there was one thing that I kept away from....a moisturizer! Why? Because I have an oil factory of a skin which just doesn't seem to like anything moisturizing, creamy or oily! When I started getting deep into makeup, I realized. Moisturizer is a MUST for ALL skin types! Oil-free moisturizer sounded so funny! But now I know my bit about makeup and today, I CANNOT LIVE without a moisturizer! The one I'm reviewing today has replaced my Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture reviewed HERE. 




LOTUS HERBALS ALPHAMOIST OIL-FREE MOISTURIZER:








DETAILS:





PRICE: INR 295 for 175ml



MY EXPERIENCE:

FIRSTLY, NO SPF! ='[

The moisturizer comes in a pump packaging which works! Unlike the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture which gave me too much trouble with the packaging. One pump dispenses enough product for only the face. I like the fact that the moisturizer has a cover but it comes off quite easily! 


The product is white. It feels very nice, smooth and has a consistency that is not too thick and not too runny. It takes some time to blend it in. When blended, it does NOT feel OIL-FREE but after a few seconds, it becomes non-sticky and makes your skin look healthy! The moisturizer has a pleasant smell which goes away after sometime. It makes foundation go on smooth.

What I really loved about the moisturizer was the fact that it felt so different compared to Neutrogena and Clean & Clear. Neutrogena and Clean & Clear had a very very light consistency and felt very very light on the skin. However, with Lotus, the consistency of the moisturizer was a bit thicker and felt more moisturizing than the other two. Whenever I use this moisturizer, it makes my skin feel soft and smooth! Also, I have noticed that my dehydrated skin ( dehydrated and dry skin is completely different ) looks healthy and my dry flakes are tended to. 

What I don't like about this moisturizer is that it doesn't control oil! I use to love my Neutrogena cause I could use it under my foundation as a primer because it could control oil for a period of 2 hours ( depending on humidity ). It even felt very light on the skin while this feels slightly heavier. In winter when my skin becomes dry like the Sahara or combination, this does not give enough moisture. Not suitable for dry skinned beauties. It did not irritate my skin or break me out.





THE YAY'S:

- Easily Available
- Affordable
- Pleasant smell
- Does not irritate or break me out
- Neither a thick or runny consistency
- Skin feels soft and smooth
- Will suit most skin types but dry skin
- Pump dispenser
- Makes the skin look healthier
- It makes foundation go on smooth



THE NAY'S:

- NO SPF! >=O
- Not at all suitable for dry skinned girls
- In winters it does not provide enough moisture
- Is slightly heavier if you compare to clean and clear and neutrogena ( maybe a con for some )
- Does not control oil for long



RECOMMEND? YES! Already did and my classmate LOVED it! :)



REPURCHASE? YES. It is cooperating very well with my facewash and toner! My skin feels better. I want to try other brands but no risk for acne! Unless I get some money back kind of scheme. =P



RATING: 4.5/5 ( -0.5 as it does not control oil ).


Which is your favourite moisturizer? 


Thanks for stopping by! Much Love! <3 

4 comments:

  1. Is it better than neutrogena moisturizer with spf? I intend to get this lotus moisturizer too but wonder it suitable for my combination oily and acne prone skin :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so so so sorry to reply so late! I did not receive a notification for your comment! I would suggest clean and clear oil free moisturiser! ♡

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing these useful tips! Using a right product can do wonders for you. For oily skin, using oil free moisturizer for clear and visible skin can be very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed with you Andrea! Strange how even oily skin needs moisturiser! Never knew it myself till I got into the beauty world! Thanks for stopping by!♡

      Delete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx