Friday, 25 October 2013

Review & Comparison: Kryolan TV Paint Stick in FS45 & Kryolan Derma Color Camouflage Creme in D3 & D4!

              Hello Beauties! My sincere apologies with you all! I had no internet.. in fact it's still so slow! Plus I have so many cartridges to complete ( who said geography is easy? :/ ). Lately I have been getting quite a lot of questions about the Kryolan TV Paint Stick and Kryolan Dermacolor. Questions like:
" Is it suitable for oily skin? "
" Is kryolan Paint Stick better or Kryolan Derma Color? "
" Is it okay to use Kryolan base every single day? "
So on and so forth....


This is going to be a comparative post sort of so i hope everyone's questions will be answered! Let's see which fares better shall we? :D





COMPARATIVE REVIEW: KRYOLAN TV PAINT STICK AND KRYOLAN DERMACOLOR :













MY VIEW:


Firstly, both of them come in every shade for every skin tone but availability can be an issue in shade selection. You can visit kryolan.in to check which shade will suit you the best. The swatches are right as far as I have checked with my products. They both have correctors. Both are an investment. If you don't know what to pick, pick Derma Color. I'll tell you why...

1. TV Paint Stick is INR 800/- and Dermacolor comes in different sizes starting at INR 350/- which is a STEAL! 

2. INR 800/- for one TV Paint Stick. You can buy 2 Derma Colors at INR 700/-. My advice, buy one corrector and by one which suits your skin tone and you will be a happy woman.

3. TV Paint Stick can be the best option for those with normal/dry skin. Both do heavy duty concealing. I don't find the need to use a concealer. Just build up on places you need good coverage and you're done. 

4. Derma Color is for combi/oily skin. Why? It has a more matte finish as compared to TV Paint Stick. Even though it has a more matte finish, it does NOT emphasize dry patches.

5. If you have oily skin and have skin problems, go for derma color. Why not the TV Paint Stick? 
TV Paint Stick is said to clog pores and break out some! Yes! What about derma color? Good news! Derma color is non-comedogenic AND it is MADE for skin problems! Concealing and healing! Now THAT is so AWESOME! 

6. Both have a life span of 4 years. I don't see myself finishing the TV Paint Stick but I am sure I will finish Derma Color by then! 

7. Both are equally long lasting! You wear it from morning till noon or evening and it's there. Touch up is necessary as they both are quite heavy bases. I become oily super fast whatever I use but all I care about is the lasting power of bases. TV Paint Stick makes me oilier faster than Derma Color. This is probably because TV Paint Stick gives that healthy glow and natural finish to the face while Derma Color gives a more natural matte finish. Derma Color controls oil slightly more than TV Paint Stick.

8. They both WILL cake on you if you do NOT get the application right. If you are a beginner, warm up the product and use a damn sponge and you will get an even coverage. Warming up the product is the key to a flawless base. So, warm it up or apply in dots, the product on your face, wait, blend. I find that warming up and leaving it on the face for sometime really helps blending the products well. I use a stippling brush or paddle brush for full coverage.

9. You can simply PLAY with the coverage! It is that buildable! I am referring to both of them.

10. After blending, do wait for the foundation to set as powdering it up instantly can make it look.... not so pretty!

11. Both can be used as foundation and concealer! SO HELPFUL while packing your suitcases for a holiday!

12. The TV Paint Stick comes in a twist up stick which is more convenient compared to the Derma Color containers.

13. Both are travel friendly.

14. Not exactly a pro but Derma Color has a decent packaging compared to TV Paint Stick! TV Paint Stick has such a cheap packaging :/.

15. Both need a primer or base underneath. Reason? They go on much smoother! You don't want to get saggy skin do you? 



SWATCHES OF KRYOLAN TV PAINT STICK:









SWATCHES OF DERMACOLOR:










Overall, I think I like Derma Color MORE. Reason that it conceals and heals at the same time! Otherwise they both are equally good in terms of their claims!


TV PAINT STICK: 4/5



DERMA COLOR: 4.5/5



Thanks for stopping by! 


Which one do you like more? Share below! 


Much Love! <3

10 comments:

  1. Can anyone tell me where can i get these in online..???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot get these online! Sorry! Xx

      Delete
  2. superb review again. Well covered points. had no idea about derma color. now i know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll. They both are great products! Thank you for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  3. Which one you suggest gor summer bridal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely suggest dermacolour dear! Thanks for stopping by ♡

      Delete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx