Sunday, 16 November 2014

My Little Photo Shoot Experience!

                              Hello beauties! I did a small little photo shoot on the 13th of March. It was one day when one of my friends came and asked me if I was willing to do make up for her friend's portfolio. I thought it was a great chance even though there was no talk of payment. I mean, I'm no pro and it would definitely be worth the experience right? Plus, I get to share my work! :D
                      
                     So, things were a little mess because it was a bit unplanned for me as I did not know the others! Plus, I was walking with my huge vanity box on the road. It looked as though I was carrying a bomb! :P. My friends came with a scooter to pick me up and we reached our venue. It was somewhere inside my area, a tannery. It was quite spooky looking to be honest and I was wondering if I was actually going for a photo shoot! :P

                    It took a long time for the photo shoot to start and the weather was not in our favour. My models wanted something simple and not very complicated. So, I settled down for some quick ideas as time was just slipping away! Out of all the thousand products in my vanity, these are what I used:

                     



PICTURES FROM THE PORTFOLIO:



Model: ChiChi Dewan

The moment I saw ChiChi, I knew she had model potential!

Products Used:

Revlon Colorstay Foundations in Warm Golden & Sand Beige
Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Peachy Sweetie
Kryolan Translucent powder in TL4
120 eye shadow palette
Nice shop eyebrow powder duo
VOV eye lashes
Meilin lip liner and lipstick in Gold Rich Red
Maybelline Gel Liner in Black
Clever Cat lip honey!
Basicare Lash Glue



Model: Maria Lee

I always see Maria in simple clothes in college. No make up. But, after this photo shoot.. oh my! she makes a beautiful model!

Products Used:

Kryolan TV Paintstick in FS 45
Revlon Colorstay concealer in Medium mixed with NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Beige ( not in the picture )
Kryolan Translucent Powder in TL 4
Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Peachy Sweetie
Nice shop eyebrow powder duo
120 eye shadow palette
Maybelline Gel Liner in Black
Clever Cat lip honey
Meilin Lip Liner ( red ) with Colorbar Hot Hot Hot velvet matte lipstick.
Kidney False Lashes ( So beautiful and cheap! )
Basicare Lash Glue



Model: Maria Liu ( Yes, two of them! :P )

Also, Maria's make up was super natural and she looked absolutely stunning! Another beautiful model!

Products Used:

Coloressence Foundation Palette ( HDM-1)
Kosmik Translucent Powder in KTL 5 ( not in the picture )
Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Creamy Cinnamon
Nice shop eye brow duo
120 eye shadow palette
Maybelline Gel Liner
Maybelline Lip Liner in Velvet Beige
Maybelline Colossal Mascara ( waterproof )


A PICTURE OF THE BEAUTIFUL MODELS:




Looking back at the photo shoot, I feel that my makeup was not that bad compared to the time I had in hand! I think these three models carried everything out so beautifully! The photos came out so fantastic thanks to Abel Wilson and his companions. I think ALL the photo's were beautiful! 

You can check Abel Wilson's work at www.abelwilson.com

After this photo shoot I learnt quite a bit. I learnt that it takes a whole lot of effort to make a successful portfolio. Trust me, even though it was little, it was absolutely time consuming and difficult. You need patience.. tons of it! I made new friends who are so nice and sweet even though I can be quite reserved and most importantly, team work. We all got together to make this photo shoot a success! I would even give credit to my good friend Li Ai Ling. She opened up a great opportunity for me and also, she was the amazing hairstylist behind the scenes. Her hand works like magic!

Overall, I would LOVE to do a photo shoot like this again because of the amazing experience!

If you have any queries about the make up or anything, let me know!

Much Love,

Emmy <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx