Wednesday, 23 September 2015

EOTD: All That Glitters Is Not Always Gold!

                 Hello everyone! I am currently loving this rainy weather in Kolkata as it is so cooling and inspires me to do more makeup looks! Since I promised I would do more eye makeup looks for you guys as the festivals are nearing, here I am with this one! Tonight I will be working on another eye makeup hopefully so stay tuned! :D






HELPFUL NOTES AND POINTS:

1.You do not HAVE TO use black and teal (I think it would look beautiful on Indian skin tones). This eye makeup is super duper experimental. You can always switch to purple, green, rainbow glitter of your choice. Just match the glitter according to your outfit! You can even switch the black base to a dark brown or any other rainbow shade :P. I did a similar look here. I used glitters by a brand called " Just Gold".

2. Do NOT do your face makeup first. The amount of glitter that will be all over your face will make you look like you just washed your face with glitter! Do use a good glitter gel or glitter glue to really get the glitter stuck on to your eyelids! I always use Kryolan Glitter Gel.

3. Keep the falsies as natural as possible. Why? I myself love dramatic falsies but when you really put effort into an eye makeup look, you want it to show through. What is the point of adding so much glitter just to hide it with dramatic falsies? So opt for natural looking, light falsies. Glitter with uncomfortable falsies = Partial blindness. Use good quality glitter that does not irritate your eyes.

4. Say good to frosty lipsticks and shimmery blushes and anything else that is shimmery. You already have a disco ball looking lid. Let that be the attraction :P

5. Highlighting the inner corners with a pale gold instead of silver and white really brings it together as warms up the eye makeup a bit! Also, Use a liquid liner as it will be easier for you to glide the liner across the lashline.


Products Used:

Just Gold Glitter (has no number or shade name)
Kryolan Glitter Gel
Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick
Unbranded Eyelashes
Miss Claire Eyeshadow (black)
Maybelline Eyeshadow Palette Emerald Isles (for pale gold)
Lotus Herbals Opulence Botanical Eyeliner in black
Meis Eyebrow Powder


I hope you all liked this look! I definitely did and I think it is something you can adjust accordingly to the colour of your outfit! Any request/queries, do let me know! Oh and any suggestions of what colour eye makeup to do next because I am kind of lost! :P


Much Love,
Emmy <3

9 comments:

  1. Nice look :) What's the price of Kryolan glitter gel & is it good?
    http://www.allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2015/09/makeup-workshop-in-chennai.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by <3
      The Kryolan Glitter Gel is really nice. It costs INR 275 :)

      Delete
  2. Great tips! It is so apt for the upcoming festive time!! will surely try this out :) Teal is my favorite color when it comes to eye makeup! I think it is a stunning shade for Indian complexion :)
    All about colored eye pencils and tricks to play with them !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely is a lovely shade to pop up indian complexion!
      Do you have any favourite teal eyeshadows? I would love to know :)
      Thank you so much ♡ xx

      Delete
  3. i Love the blue eyes..beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx