Sunday, 27 September 2015

Primer & Foundation Recommendations: Pujo Paisa Vasool Products!

                 Hello everyone! The weather is already changing and so is the atmosphere and idk why it's getting me more excited for Durgo Pujo! :P I thought of giving my makeup looks a break and give recommendations instead. These recommendations are purely out of my experience or products which are very popular in the blogsphere! I am trying to recommend everything that is drugstore and something easily available in India. Since there are tons of recommendations, there are no pictures and a line or two about the products. I will be breaking them up into categories. 





PRIMERS:

Oriflame Perfecting Face Primer: Best for dry to combination skin. If you have pore issues, it would not cover pores. INR 499/-
Colorbar Perfect Match Primer: Best for normal/oily/combination. Good for blurring pores. INR 825/-
Kryolan Ultra Underbase: If you are looking for something ultra moisturising for your ultra dry skin. Try this. INR 999/-
Revlon Photoready Perfecting/Colour Correcting Primer: I did not try this yet but it's got great reviews everywhere. Best for normal/combination/oily. Does not do wonders for pores though. INR 1300/-
L'Oreal Base Magique Primer: I've heard raves about this. It is good for oily skin and blurring pores. To be honest, I tried this at the store and my skin started itching like crazy. INR 899/-
The Body Shop Instablur Primer: It's got very good reviews and even doubles up as an eye primer. Good for oily/combination skin. INR 1595/-

FOUNDATIONS (my favourite part lol):

LIGHT TO MEDIUM COVERAGE:

Deborah Milano 5 in 1 BB Cream with SPF 20: A very good product that I would keep repurchasing. Although it is a BB Cream, it photographs beautifully, feels light, not drying or overly moisturising. Photographs beautifully and lasts well! INR 625/-
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: Needs no introduction. I haven't tried it but it would be great for normal/dry/combination. Stays long, photographs well. If you are oily skinned like me, you can try Bourjois 123 perfect foundation. Shades are a problem. Bourjois Happy Light is also another great one for combination/normal skin. However, it is more orangey than their usual ranges. 
Lakme CC Cream: Photographs well, stays well, feels good and priced well. Medium coverage. Two shades. INR 275/-
L'Oreal Nude Magic Liquid Powder with SPF 18: This is one foundation even a child can blend. Results? Poreless skin! This foundation lasts for a decent amount of time on my very oily skin. I prefer using it in the winters. Dry skin however, moisturize well as it emphasizes dry patches. 
The Body Shop Extra Virgin Mineral Foundation: A great mineral foundation for combination/dry skin. Medium Coverage. INR 1795/-
The Body Shop Flawless BB Cream: Light coverage. Best for dry skin. Works on combination in the cooler months. INR 1095/-
Ponds BB Cream: A really really good medium bb cream that photographs well and stays long. Only one shade. INR 75/- for 9g, INR 140/- for 18g, INR 325/- for 50g. Flawless results!
Lotus Herbals Purestay Nourishing FoundationBest at medium coverage. Very natural finish. SPF 20. It does not photograph very well with flash. 100% vegetarian. Preservative free. INR 625/-



MEDIUM TO FULL COVERAGE

Revlon Colorstay Makeup 24 hrs for Oily/Combination Skin with SPF 15: I seriously love this foundation. It's true love. It's still the best drugstore foundation on my list. They have another version for normal to dry skin. I heard it is great as well. Stays for very long. Matte Finish. Don't worry about SPF as it photographs well. Poor shade selection. INR 875/-
L'Oreal Infallible Stay Fresh Foundation 24 hrs: This is another really good foundation. However, it is slighting more hydrating for my skin (it claims to hydrate for 24hrs so not a con). It is my go to in the less humid and drier weathers when my skin is not like a grease ball. This provides a semi-matte finish on my skin when I let it set for sometime. Lasts long as well. Good shade selection. SPF 18 but photographs well. INR 1325/-
Kryolan TV Paintstick/ Dermacolor Creme: A GREAT budget option for those who want good, full coverage and something that photographs very well. Good lasting power too. Shades available is phenomenal. Read the review to find out which one is better for which skin! :) INR 900/- for stick, INR 350/- onwards for dermacolor.
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation: Another great product. It is however too hydrating for me (so I use it in winters). Application can be slightly difficult as it can emphasize pores if not applied well specially on the nose area. Lasts very long. Shades have mostly pink undertones. Natural finish. INR 645/-
Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover Foundation with SPF 25: A great product from Lakme. However, it breaks me out so do check it out at the stores. Shade selection is not enough to cater to very dusky beauties. Medium-full coverage. Matte finish. Dry skin girls be sure to moisturize well. Photographs beautifully too! The mousse is very good too. Lasts long. INR 700/-.
Maybelline Dream Mousse Liquid: I loved this product during the winters but got the wrong shade. This product makes your skin look very airbrushed however the airbrushed finish does not last till the end of the day. Recommended for normal to combination skin. Staying power is better in the cooler months. Shades once again, do not cater to all. INR 625/-. I think this has been replaced by the satin finish one. Correct me if I am wrong! 

I have put up the products with the updated price to make it easier for you guys. I cannot give guarantee on products that I did not try myself as I can't afford so much. I tried to research as much as possible. Do add more to the list if you have any favourites! 


Have you tried anything in the list? Do share your experience.
Stay tuned for my next recommendation!
Much Love,
Emmy <3

17 comments:

  1. Wow this is an extensive list! I've tried the Lakme foundation & I love it a lot. Too bad it broke you out :/
    My Recent Post - Maybelline BB Sticks Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lana! I loved the lakme foundation.. just to discover painful bumps! Hate having acne prone skin! :(

      Delete
  2. I am yet to try Kryolan products, have heard rave reviews, thank you for the list of medium to full coverage foundations. www.makeupxpressions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome dear! Do definitely try Kryolan! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow..awesome list :) I soo want to try Krylon....Lack of shades in foundation is soo irritating. 90% of the time I end up wrong shade.

    http://curious-and-confused-me.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! You should definitely try kryolan if shade match is a problem. Afterall they have 250 shades! xx :D

      Delete
  4. good list Emmy :)I want to try Krylon :)
    https://notsohardtobepretty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! You should try kryolan! Most of their products are great! xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Emmy!
    I liked your compilation a lot! For me perfect skin is the most important part of makeup. So Primer and Foundation posts and reviews always excite me more than anything else! So thanks once again for sharing this :)
    I am currently using L'Oreal primer but it can not be used all over face due to its thick texture. Though it is good for spot applications and blurring pores! I am eyeing on the colorbar one ! I did not know that Kryolan has a primer as well !! Is Kryolan available in Kolkata?

    FAB BAG special anniversary edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Anurima! xx
      The colorbar primer is great. Kryolan has a few primers but the only one I've tried is the underbase. They have an HD and Mattifying primer too!
      Kryolan can be found in our beloved New Market in most cosmetics shop. I am not sure if you get the full range though. The flagship store is in Lord Sinha Road. There is a lane opposite AC market that leads to Shri Shikshayatan and Emami Market. Enter that lane. On entering, the shop to your right would be the Lady Gaga Shoe Shop. Stay on the Right footpath and keep walking straight. It is very close to Emami market and before the main road crossing! It is a small store so watch out for it! Hope I helped! xx :)

      Delete
  6. Emmy may be this friday I am going to go to the Kryolan Store u told me about which is in Lord Sinha Road. Could you please tell me the exact location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shampita!
      There is a lane opposite AC market that leads to Shri Shikshayatan and Emami Market. Enter that lane. On entering, the shop to your right would be the Lady Gaga Shoe Shop. Stay on the Right footpath and keep walking straight. It is very close to Emami market and before the main road crossing! It is a small store so watch out for it! :) I am sorry I can't tell you the exact location :( Next time I go to the store, I will surely find out! xx

      Delete
  7. That is quite an extensive you list you have given here. Very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emmy, I discovered your blog recently. The list is detailed and comprehensive. I've heard great things about the happy lights foundation. Do you have any idea about the availability of bourjois products in Kolkata.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emmy, I discovered your blog recently. The list is detailed and comprehensive. I've heard great things about the happy lights foundation. Do you have any idea about the availability of bourjois products in Kolkata.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alisha! Thank you for stopping by! The last time I checked, bourjois was available in City Centre 1, Saltlake. The other malls have removed bourjois. Hope you find it! xx

      Delete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx