Thursday, 5 November 2015

Review & Swatch: L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation.

                  Hello everyone! I shall be reviewing the newly L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation today. A very late review but I had to test it in both warmer weather and cooler weather. I had used the previous one with the red pump and actually finished it! New packaging. New formulation. Do I like the old one better? Read on!



It claims:

No transfer
No visible imperfections
No visible shine
No dry out
No mask effect

My take:



Very honestly, I like this packaging much more than the older one. The pump takes out more than required so you have to be careful while pumping out the foundation from it.

I really like the whipped creamy texture of this foundation. It has a good thick texture and doesn't run all over your hands! 



Shade 125, Natural Rose suits me very well. It is less yellow compared to MAC NC 20. I love the shade because it does not make me look too pink or too yellow. 320 Caramel Toffee, is a beautiful strong yellow toned foundation. It will suit many girls with wheatish skin but the shade range does not cater to very dusky beauties. The shade range however is still quite impressive as no other drugstore brands have these many shades. 

I had tried this foundation in the humidity and now in the cooler climates so I am ready to give my review. This foundation sets matte which I love! In the humidity and drizzle few months back, the foundation did stay on my skin for a long time (7 hours & no touch up). The only problem I had with this one is that my skin became too greasy over time, felt heavy and did not look good. I was very disappointed until I read the details at the back. It is meant to hydrate. Stupid me! I put on quite a hydrating base that day and hence landed up like an oil factory. So I switched my products and I was relieved that my skin did not look like that day! I get oily at about one and a half hours with this if it is quite humid. Now that the weather is cooler and my skin is lacking hydration, lets just say that this foundation is working! If you have dry flakes, moisturize well because this will settle into your dry patches.

I love the coverage that this foundation offers. It is a very good medium coverage on my acne skin. On good skin days, I can step out only with this foundation on with some powder and my other makeup.This foundation has SPF 18 and yet photographs well. So you do not need to run and hide behind a friend when pictures are taken. I used this for my strobing tutorial. This foundation I'v noticed, transfers to my phone screen in the heat. Most of them do on my oily skin, not an issue but claiming no transfer is an issue. 


Oh, one more thing, I did not apply foundation on my neck. See how well it matches? 

I would say that this foundation would work best on normal/oily/combination skin. Dry skin can make it up by moisturizing as it can emphasize dry patches and will not be hydrating enough. Those looking for a dewy finish, this is not for you. If you are someone looking for light coverage, this is not your pick. If you are on a budget.. well, this retails for INR 1325 for 30ml. Quite pricey I know. This foundation is good but it is not HG status for me. I do recommend it however as it is a good one in the market! x


Grade: B
Any queries love?


Much love,
Emmy <3.

19 comments:

  1. You are cute :* The shade range excited me, but the hydration part worries me. I live in 365 days humid place...still so want to get it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are cuter! :P
      Oh my! 365 days humid? Maybe you can try the foundation and it may suit you! I am sure your skin is not oily and acne prone like mine! :(

      Delete
    2. :P Skin is oily, humid makes it even worse. pimple do pop up now and then..this foundation is just temptation, I am sure it will everywhere other than my face =))

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! I find it transfering on my phone screen quite a bit. We oily skin girls have all types of problems! This is a good foundation but! x

      Delete
  2. I am planning to get this .. however i am not finding a shade that matches me. So i brought some sample home from the SA in both amber and caramel toffee. I am acne scars, pigmentation and to top it off tan from my recent beach vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning to get this .. however i am not finding a shade that matches me. So i brought some sample home from the SA in both amber and caramel toffee. I am acne scars, pigmentation and to top it off tan from my recent beach vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good of you to take some sample home. Hardly anyone allows that! I have acne scars too. It does cover it well but not fully, specially if the scars are recent! Tan is really annoying! Hope your tan goes away fast soon! xx

      Delete
  4. nice review. sounds like perfect for me this winters. I am also suffering from acne problem.
    want to know some amazing facts about our home planet check below link
    http://weirdthoughts13.blogspot.in/2015/10/20-interesting-facts-about-earth-earth.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! You can definitely try it. If you have acne problem and want to try a good base, you can check out http://www.makeupwithemmy.blogspot.in/2015/09/primer-foundation-recommendations-pujo.html?m=1
      It has a list of some great foundations. I have a concealer post too so you can check it out! xx

      Delete
  5. Been reading a lot of good reviews on this foundation. But it is a little expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Sangeeta! We can buy so many other things with the price! Loreal is a great brand but I do wish that their prices are more affordable! :(

      Delete
  6. I have not used L'Oreal foundations till date, this one will suit my combination dry skin in summers

    ReplyDelete
  7. This foundation seems best for functions where you can carry off a heavy makeup look! Isn't suitable for every day use...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mariyam! Did you try this foundation yet? xx

      Delete
  8. Wow.. I thought the shades weren't going to suit you. but your fotd was great.. you look beautiful.

    http://perksofbeauty.com/ebay-15-shades-concealer-palette-reviewswatches/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there really any foundation on earth which does not transfer at all? I would say the for the quality and everything, this one IS a good deal.. specially for me because my skin is way oo yellow.
    Have they changed the formula in the last few months? Because the one I have oxidizes a lot which is why I mis it with my Bourjois HealthyMix Foundation. ( I don't want to repurchase HM).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nivi! Our skins are very similar and the oils cannot do without hugging what it comes to contact with! :P This one is a good foundation no doubt.
      I think it sets slightly darker. I got a lighter shade so not so noticeable. My previous one too use to set darker after sometime. I don't think we oily girls will ever find a problem-free foundi! :P

      Delete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx