Tuesday, 24 November 2015

The Savior Foundation For Me This Winter!

                 Hello my Dolls! Lately I have been quite busy. The past few days I have been running around doing makeup as the wedding season is here and it was a crazy experience! No, I am not trying to boast. This is related to the post! :P I kept telling myself that the Maybelline Dream Satin Skin is not for my oily skin but after my skin became very dry, I decided to try it as it's affordable! I wanted to buy the Dream Liquid Mousse (LOVE IT) but can't find my shade anywhere :( Did this one impress me? This post was requested by my Lady love, Nivedita from MakeupandChitChat



You will see this pearl necklace very often because I love it :P

Price: INR 700
Shades: 6. I am shade 02 (Porcelain)

Before picking this up, I kept telling the SA a big NO. The moment she swatched and blended it.... well, we all know what happens! Haha. This shade is a little pink for me but thankfully it is not that noticeable. The amount dispensed can be controlled so hardly any wastage. 

This foundation has a creamy/whipped consistency and imparts a medium coverage, dewy finish to the skin. Also, the finish is quite tacky and doesn't really go so I have to set it with powder. Funny part was when I touched by face while it was still tacky, I saw my finger print on my face LOL. So better set it with powder or let it set for a while if you have very dry skin. My skin looks quite poreless and smooth! Because it is tacky, expect it to transfer on to your phone. All foundations transfer for me so not really a con. 

My skin loves the hydration and moisturisation this product provides. However, it does emphasize a bit of my dry patches in my nose area. I was required to work in the a.c from morning to evening and this foundation stayed on (9 hours) and made my skin hydrated throughout. I just had to do a single touch up through the day. This foundation has good sun protection, i.e, SPF 24 PA++. It does not give a whitish cast. Yes, I am serious. I wore this to a place without a.c and it fared well but I was required to touch up more. So, this is not your summer foundation. 


 I did not use any primer! :D


YAY or NAY?

A big YAY for me! I think it is my go-to for my current skin condition. A NAY if you have very oily skin or for the summers. I will admit and say that I still love the Dream Mousse Liquid more BUT this is not bad at all.

If your skin is very dehydrated and dry because of the dry air, do try this! Don't think of trying this in summers unless your skin is dry throughout the year! 


Have any of you'll used this? What is your favourite winter foundation?

Much Love,
Emmy <3

38 comments:

  1. Wooos, I have never tried any foundations from maybelline but this one seems awesome! Will try it whenever i get a chance. Wish it was a lil cheaper..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really good for dry skin Dipti! Do give it a try if your skin is dry! ♡

      Delete
  2. Sadly I do not find it in my skin tone :( Maybelline products are too light for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely dislike it when I can't find something lf my shade! I know how you feel :( thanks for stopping by! ♡

      Delete
  3. Wow the difference in so visible in the before and after picture! Did you use any brush or sponge to blend the foundation?
    I have the dream mousse one .. though I love the formula but the shade is not the best match for my skintone! I feel Maybelline lacks enough warm undertone when it comes to their base makeup products. But the quality is great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anu! I did not use any tools. Just my fingers. Lovely finish right? :)
      I really love the dream liquid mousse too! I feel that if maybelline really focuses on their shades, their makeup would sell like hot cake!
      Thanks for stopping by! ♡

      Delete
  4. Looks great from the picture...I need to check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great one for dry skin! Thanks for stopping by Purva! ♡

      Delete
  5. That's hell of a good foundation! I can see how it minimized your pores. Awesome review as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great one for winter! Thanks Doll ♡

      Delete
  6. Hey nice product review!! I use conceler because of my dark pathches on skin.I purchased Inglot concealer online from majorbrands.in. I will buy it next time for sure.
    Inglot is also a nice brand. I refer you this site : http://www.majorbrands.in/brand/cl_2-c_2695/cosmetics/face-and-body/concealer.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitali. Thanks for stopping by ♡
      I did try inglot through majorbrands and it was great! :)
      Do check the maybelline foundation if your skin is dry! Xx

      Delete
  7. It looks really good. I've been wanting something like this. -Hanna Lei

    Latest Post: How to Wear a Pleated Skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Hanna! Thanks for stopping by! ♡

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, your skin looks great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... this gives an impression of tightened pores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great product♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice review. It is such a nice diff in before and after pic :)
    http://notsohardtobepretty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shweta! It is a great product for winter! ♡

      Delete
  12. Nice review babe! I have the same foundation. Love it to the core!
    Have a great day!
    www.reviewwali.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doll! Glad you love it too! ♡

      Delete
  13. it looks nice on your skin, might have to check it out!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do check it out for the winters Danielle! ♡

      Delete
  14. This looks like very good foundation, gifted this to my sister last year and she loves it too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Preethy! Glad your sister likes it! Do check it out ♡

      Delete
  15. woah!! Thats really amazing ..will surely try this :)

    http://www.deckedupbeauties.com/2015/11/review-bourjois-healthy-mix-foundation-light-bronze/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, I doubt they make my shade, and I have oily skin. But I'm happy this works for you. :)

    Btw, I think you're leaving the wrong blog link when you comment on my page. If you can, change the link next time you visit. :)

    http://themakeuptrain.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know Doll! Since you have oily skin, it's a big skip! What is your favourite foundation for oily skin? :)

      Delete
  17. I will be checking this out ! have been hearing a lot about ths one and I have to get one for myself too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do check it out doll. This foundation is lovely on dry skin! Hope you get yours! ♡

      Delete
  18. This looks like a good product.. It gives a great coverage :)

    http://www.thechicsterdiaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Rajshree! Do give it a try during the winters! ♡

      Delete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx