Saturday, 23 January 2016

MOTD: Tips & The PERFECT Fall Lip!

                           Hello my Dolls! I am back with a look. I know I should start reviewing products again but I do not know where to begin as my stash is double the size now! lol. If you follow me on instagram, you must have seen me posting this look where I put this really dark shade of lippie. Honestly, I am very intimidated by shades like these because it makes me look all the more pale! I don't think I wear wear it out anytime soon but I LOVE the shade! Oh, even my favourite blogger friend Nivedita from MakeupandChitChat insisted that I do a MOTD post of it! ( Love you Nivi! <3 )

Here it is..........



I decided to put this one up as everything is more clear (lipstick is much darker in person). The one on my instagram with the top knot looks very ugly without edits :P. Not only that but also because my forehead was looking so huge and the makeup looked different. You know how us girls find a flaw in every pic! ;)


HOW TO GET THIS LOOK:

Keep it simple.

Face: 

Matte. For some reason, I love matte foundations paired with dark lips! Others may have other preferences and that is completely fine. Make sure that all blemishes, scars, redness, darkness are all concealed. Dark lips can emphasise the smallest blemishes! Also, remember to moisturise your skin well in this dry weather. Use a hydrating primer if you wish!
I used:
Himalaya Intensive Face Moisturizing Lotion (dry/very dry skin)
Oriflame Face Perfecting Primer (dry areas)
Colorbar Perfect Match Primer (for pores and T-zone)
Ashley Concealer Palette (Thai brand. For colour correcting)
Sivanna Colors Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation
Sivanna Colors Pro Make up Creamy Concealer (for blemishes)
Jordana Complete Cover Maximum Coverage 2-in-1 Concealer & Foundation (for under eyes)
Loreal Infallible 24hr Powder Foundation

Eyes:

Even a makeup noob can do it. Use a primer, followed by a creamy grey eye shadow or a grey eye pencil as base. Apply it till your crease. Next, using a flat eye shadow brush, take a similar eye eye shadow and apply till crease and blend the edges. Don't forget to apply the eye shadow on your lower lashline too! Take a taupe eye shadow to define your crease and blend it with your grey eye shadow. To line my lashline, I went with a grey eye pencil. The goal is to make your lips the focus so be soft with the eye makeup! Now, if you have horrible dark circles like me, the grey eyeshadow might just make it look a bit tired. Hence, I recommend that you highlight your inner corners with a shimmer white eyeshadow. Add a bit on 1/3rd of your lower lashline. Next, instead of using white eye pencil on my lower waterline, I chose a silver. I just wanted that extra pop and it popped the eyes beautifully! Finish off with a very very natural pair of falsies. If you are one of the lucky ones with super long lashes (I envy you), just apply a few coats of mascara!
I used:
Deborah Milano Eye Perfect Primer
Essence All About Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (grey shade & white shade)
Sivanna Colors Smokey Eyeshadow Palette (taupe shade for crease and outer corner)
Unbranded lashes
Meis Eyebrow Duo
Essence Mosaic Compact Powder (to highlight)
Sivanna Colors Bronzed Professional (contour)

Lips:

The star products....
Lakme Perfect Definition Lip Liner in Cocoa Fudge
Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick in W267

FEW TIPS (my personal preferences):

ALWAYS opt for neutals when wearing shades like this. You cannot do rainbow eyes and pair this lippie. Just saying! Cause I saw one girl in broad day light with blood red eye shadow till her brows, paired with red blush and red lipstick! Oh, she was eating paani puri and everyone was a bit intimidated! :P

Go for a nude blush. This goes unsaid.

Idk why, I LOVE contouring and highlighting when I wear dark lips. Not a must but definitely a try!

Use a lip liner. Dark colors on unlined lips do not look prim and proper.

Skin needs to be as flawless as baby bum.

TADA!!! :D


BE UPDATED WITH ME (Self advertising going on here! :P)

Facebook: Make-up with EMMY
Instagram: xx_makeupwithemmy_xx
Twitter: @EJC_92

You can recreate my looks and tag me! I will surely put it up and appreciate it tons!

Which is the darkest shade of lippie you own? Mine is this so far! Share below!


Much Love,
Emmy <3







32 comments:

  1. I love that pout emmy! You look great. The darkest shade I have is loreal pure reds in "Pure garnet" which is the sonam kapoor shade. It looks absolutely stunning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doll!
      That shade is absolutely stunning and very fall like. I am sure it looks very pretty on you! ♡

      Delete
  2. The story about the girl with complete red makeup and eating paani puri made me laugh out loud. Lol!

    I really love that lipstick. I will have to try and get it through Ebay.

    http://themakeuptrain.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Imagine my expression cause I saw it live! It was a very strange and comical scene. I should do a funny post about what not I've seen in the makeup world! :D
      Oh and you must try it! It is a beautiful shade and I love how affordable it is too! Thanks for stopping by! ♡

      Delete
  3. Haha ahahah rainbow eyes :P Bang on. I love the way you write , would love to read about your experiences.
    This look fantastic Doll. I am loving the product list as well, some new ones their :)

    Recently Posted: Faces Ultra Moist Lipstick in Retro Mood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously Swathi! I think I should write funny posts about myself and my makeup disasters! About what I have seen too!:P
      Thank you so much like always! ♡

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful makeup look! Beautiful pout! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome look! The lippie is surely the centre of attraction! I own a similar dark shade from AVON which I have reviewed couple of days back ! And girl, you have gorgeous Instagram.. regret not following you for so long :|

    My recent post: The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Balm Review, Price, Details !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doll! You are too sweet! I saw your review and loved the lippie shade. Even commented! Glad we are following each other's gorgeous instagram now. Better late than never! :-*

      Delete
  6. That's a fierce look. The lip rule the makeup look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sangeeta! ♡ It surely is a fierce look. Cannot step out like this! :P

      Delete
    2. Nah. I'm sure you can. It's nice to sport a fierce look once awhile.

      Delete
    3. I guess you are right. Who knows? My fierce mode might suddenly come on! :P

      Delete
  7. Gosh, you have such a gorgeous face! Flawless skin, perfect symmetry, beautiful eyes and lips, just gorgeous! That lip color really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Thank you so much for the lovely compliment! ♡ I really lack self confidence attimes because my skin is not at all flawless without makeup and I really dislike my square jawline! The lipstick really just attracts all the attention! xx

      Delete
  8. Nice look...I cannot carry such gothic shades but looking nice on you... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doll! ♡ I am sure you will look nice in them too! :)

      Delete
  9. Dark lips and glowing skin. What a wonderful combination :)
    www.themidnightbeauties.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have carried off the dark lip very well, I would look zombie-like with it, even with all these steps :P
    My Recent Post - Expert Face Brush Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lana! Haha! I am sure you don't look like that. It's a natural reaction when you suddenly use a bold lippie. I was a bit petrified myself! :P

      Delete
  11. Such a great and flawless look. Love it! :)
    http://trend-mixblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thanks for stopping by! ♡

      Delete
  12. hahah...red lips red eyeshadow and red blush must be seriously intimidating. Lovve how you did your face...Such colors always make the face glow a bit more than usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. woww..love the look..and the lipcolor is looking stunning on you :)

    http://perkymegs.blogspot.in/2016/01/trendy-clutch-bags-for-different.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megha! ♡ I am sure you will look stunning in it too!

      Delete
  14. Why is it that I am the last one to comment? I only only love this look, I love how it turns out on you! This is the perfect wearable Gothic makeup I have seen after a very long time.

    Thanks for the mention doll! :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you Doll and you're welcome! ♡

      Delete
  15. Wow, awesome look. I have a similar lipstick but have used it only once so far.You make it look so wearable. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear! Do use it again and maybe you would rekindle your love with it? :) Thanks for stopping by! ♡

      Delete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx