Saturday, 13 February 2016

Makeup Tips For The Workaholics!

 It's been a long day without you my friend,
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.

No, relax. Nothing tragic happened but that is how I feel lately....when I see my bed! Lol. Why? I joined work recently plus doing some freelancing makeup, hence the super slow blog posts! As I am home, I want to sleep. I cannot promise that I will post 24/7 but I do promise that I will not vanish! :)

Belated Happy Valentines Day to all my Dolls! I missed you all dearly! Valentine's day I thought that I would do a post. By the time I got to it, the day ended! =\ I was thinking what to do and then I thought, since I started working, I should share my tips on what make up I wear to work or quick easy to do make up! Now let's begin......


I LOVE my bold lips and smokey eyes and crazy looks but if you are working, forget about being a rainbow to work. You have to look professional and polished. Not like you are heading for a girls night out! Hence, the "less is more" dialogue REALLY fits in! If you are working in a place where you can experiment then I really envy you. I cannot even think of colour as I work in the bank! LOL. 

FACE:

I have noticed that my make up routine has changed a lot. I tend to search for products that are very easy to use, fuss free, fast, blend easily with my finger tips. Thus mousse foundations, bb/cc creams are my choice for base make up. I even tend to choose hydrating base products as my skin gets pretty dehydrated in the A.C at work. Concealers are a must for me because they just make me look well rested and cover my blemishes. I opt for hydrating under eye concealers and cream/stick concealers for concealing acne. I set my make up with a semi matte powder. Matte powders make my skin look very dead in the office lights. Semi matte powders look very natural and let's my skin look healthy and glowy. Whereas for primers, I just use a mattifying/pore refining one on my T-zone. Oh, if you are into the Kim Kardashian contouring and highlighting, then you need to stop.

CHEEKS:

 I opt for matte or luminious looking blushes. Do not put a lot of blush or a blush with lots of visible shimmer because my friend, those dreaded white office lights show EVERYTHING! I can even count the pores on my skin. Those white lights can challenge any make up artist or make up product! I even noticed that I like using cream blush because it looks soooo natural like you did not even apply blush! I have only one cream blush but I reach out for it a lot and now I am going to buy lots of it! 

EYES:

Eye primer/concealer as base and neutralise darkness on the lids. A wash of eye shadow or cream eye shadow and that's it. Sticking to neutrals is a must but you must also remember to use more of mattes. If you do want to use shimmer eye shadow, restrict it to your crease. Always blend the shimmer eye shadow with a matte eye shadow. Remember to be light handed while applying or use a fluffy eye shadow brush, to give a wash of the shade on your lids. Do inner corner highlight only if your concealer is really failing to brighten your eyes! I reach out most for grey or brown eye pencil as it is subtle compared to black and give my eyes definition. Sometimes I just put eye liner on my eyes. Try avoiding cat/winged liner. Just a simple eye lining is enough. Days when I am lazy to the power of infinity, my eyelash curler and mascara is my choice!

LIPS:

Say goodbye to fall lips and red pouts and bold lips. Say goodbye to mattes. Okay, not exactly but you know those pretty drying ones? Go for more creamy formulas. I have so many lipsticks in my stash that just cannot lie there forever. They are so bright and pretty! How do I wear them? Stain them. It upsets me to be honest but seriously, it is much better than lying idle! If you have a huge stash of nude lippies then noone is stopping you! ;) I also see myself going A LOT for tinted lip balms. They are so easy to reapply and give me hydration on my lips.


Btw, what would be your recommendations/favourites for work or college? Would you like to see some office/college looks and product reviews for office/college friendly makeup? Don't forget to leave your comments! xx 


Much Love,
Emmy <3.


27 comments:

  1. After I stared working I pretty much have the same routine as yours. I am stuck to neutral eyes. I love bright lips and I wear it, I think I get away with it because of my dusky skintone :D
    Yes please reviews and college/office looks :)

    Recently Posted: Maybelline Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you Doll! What are your favourite products for work? Do let me know! I shall surely share my favourites too! ♡

      Delete
  2. i would love to see office makeups as working girls cant wear bright makeup even if they wants to :(
    https://notsohardtobepretty.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Doll! It can be a pretty repetitive and challenging. I shall surely do some LOTD's! ♡

      Delete
  3. I really liked the look and yes would definitely love to see more of such looks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doll! Coming soon ♡

      Delete
  4. I prefer browns on my eyes over black too as its much softer whilst providing the much needed definition :) Nice post.

    http://www.allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2016/02/kama-ayurveda-kumkumadi-brightening.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Doll! Browns and greys are so much more wearable in those horrid white lights! However, sometimes I just cannot do without my black eye liner ;)

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! so helpful for all us working girls who hardly get 5 minutes to make them selves presentable before rushing to work :)

    My recent post: Things I Got From Nykaa Valentine's Day Sale !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doll! Glad I could help! Will surely help more! ♡

      Delete
  6. You're just so pretty! I usually need about 10 to 15 minutes for my make-up. I wish I needed less so I could cut it down to just 5 minutes though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you're just so sweet! Thank you so much! ♡ I really cannot be up and about in 5 minutes trust me. If I hurry with my makeup, I know I'm heading my way to blunder!

      Delete
  7. I really like makeup but I gotta slow down when in college. A bb cream, blush and eyeliner works for me and sometimes a bit of highlighting lights up my look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! When I was in college, I really did not care about slowing down. Now at work, I have to! Thanks for stopping by Doll! ♡

      Delete
  8. Great post and much needed ones, please do some looks for office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doll! Will surely do so! ♡

      Delete
  9. Loved the article Emmy. And I agree on the shimmer blush part. I have seen my share of people looking like disco balls in the office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sangeeta Doll! ♡ Trust me, the first time I went to work, I looked horrid! Thought I would do posts like this to make others aware after all my blunders!

      Delete
  10. Great tips girls. and do post more quick office/ college makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doll! Will surely do some! ♡

      Delete
  11. Amazing and very useful post sweetie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Doll! ♡

      Delete
  12. I have many nude lippies and tinted lip balms are my everday thing...Looking pretty... <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so me. LOL. I have also switched to quick products like BB cream :) Loved the post :)

    http://perkymegs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post Emmy! BB creams and tinted lip balms are the safest bet for workplace. Have a great day ahead.
    www.reviewwali.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post.Love quick & yet simple makeup look.

    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

xx ♡ A Comment Makes My Day ♡ xx